A meeting of the Forum of BSNL Unions / Associations will be held at 03.00 PM on 13th May 2015 to review the successful 21-22 April Strike and to plan for the future activities. The meeting will be held at BSNLMS Office, New Delhi.
The Forum of BSNL Unions/Associations of Non-Executives and Executives will meet at BSNLMS Office, New Delhi at 15.00 hours on 07-04-2015 to discuss about the preparations for the Two Days Strike. All the members of the Forum are requested to be present in time.
A meeting of the Forum of BSNL Unions/Associations will be held at 03.00 PM on 23 February 2015, especially to finalise the arrangements for the Parliament March on 25th February and the Indefinite Strike from 17th March 2015. All General Secretaries of BSNL Unions/Associations are requested to be present in time.
A meeting of the Forum of BSNL Unions/Associations will be held at 03.00 PM on 15th January 2015 at the BSNLMS Office, New Delhi, mainly to discuss about the SAVE BSNL Campaign. All members are requested to be present in time.
SAVE BSNL – SAVE NATION
Decisions of the Forum Meeting held on 13-11-2014
The meeting of the Forum of BSNL Unions/Associations held on 13th November 2014 took the following decisions with regard to the proposed Indefinite Strike from 3rd February 2014.
1. The Strike Notice will be prepared by the Convener as per the decisions of the meeting and will be finalised in the next meeting to be held on 18-11-2014 at 13.00 hours at Corporate Office. All General Secretaries should be present for signing the notice.
2. A Demands Day will be organised on 11th December 2014 by conducting Lunch Hour Demonstration at SSA/Circle/C.O. levels.
3. 10 Days Massive Campaign among employees and also among the public from 11th to 20th December 2014. Meet the Members of Parliament, MLAs etc. and submit Memorandum on the demands raised by the Forum, requesting them to take up with the Central and State governments. The Memorandum will be finalised and supplied by the Forum. Signature Campaign to be organised by getting the signature of the employees and also people on the issue of revival of BSNL. Quota for Circles to be fixed.
4. March to Parliament on 19th December 2014. Maximum participation required from the nearby circles. The Parliament will be in session at that time.
5. 3 Days Dharna to be organised from 6th to 8th January 2015 at SSA/Circle/C.O. It should be ensured that within the 3 days all the employees are got involved in the dharna.
6. The Indefinite Strike to start from 3rd February 2015.
Decisions taken in the meeting of the Forum of BSNL Unions / Associations held on 28th October 2014.
A meeting of the Forum of BSNL Unions / Associations was held on 28th October 2014 and the following decisions were taken after detailed discussion.
1. The Forum decided to call for Indefinite Strike w.e.f. 3rd February 2015 againt the anti- BSNL policies of the government and on the demands raised in the Memorandum adopted in the National Convention on 3rd August 2013 and also against the Deloittee committee recommendations, formation of tower company, Merger of BSNL and MTNL etc.
2. A Demands Day should be organised in December 2014, 3 days dharna in January 2015 and one week massive campaign, before the strike.
3. Maximum propaganda should be organised among the workers and the public, meet the Members of Parliament and explain the demands of the workers, organise signature campaign etc.
4. A meeting of the Core Committee of Forum will beheld on 12th November, followed by a meeting of the Forum on 13th November 2014 to finalise the Memorandum, dates of the agitational programmes and other connected matters.
Meeting of the Forum of BSNL Unions/Associations held on 25th June 2014.
A meeting of the Forum of BSNL Unions/Associations of Non-Executives and Executives was held on 25th June 2014 at the Local Council Room, NTR, New Delhi at 16.30 hours. Com. Islam Ahmed, President, NFTE, presided.
Com.V.A.N.Namboodiri, Convener, Forum, welcomed all the participants and briefed the house about the developments after the last meeting. After detailed discussion, the following decisions were taken:
1. Revival of BSNL: The Forum had submitted a Memorandum on the subject to the Communications Minister last month with a request for a meeting for presenting our issues. So far, no invitation has been received. A reminder has been sent today requesting for an early meeting. Efforts should be made in this connection.
2. Pension issues to be presented before the VII Central Pay Commission: Convener briefed about the Draft Memorandum prepared by the Central Pensioners Organisations, in which the issues of the BSNL Pensioners (absorbed from DOT) are to be included. The Convener was entrusted to attend to the matter.
3. 78.2% IDA merger for Pensioners: The issue is to be vigorously pursued at DOT level for early orders.
V.A.N.Namboodiri New Delhi
Convener, Forum 24th June 2014
FORUM OF BSNL UNIONS / ASSOCIATIONS, NEW DELHI – 110001
Decisions of the Meeting of the Forum held on 27th November 2013
A meeting of the Forum of BSNL Unions / Associations was held on 27th November 2013 at BSNL MS office, New Delhi. Com. Suresh Kumar, GS BSNLMS presided.
Com. V.A.N.Namboodiri, Convener, Forum, welcomed all the participants. He briefed the house about the developments after the last meeting of the Forum. The agenda for the meeting was approved and items one after another discussed.
1. National Convention on “Revival of Bonus” on 3rd August 2013 and connected activities
The Convener reported that the Declaration adopted in the National Convention was forwarded to all the Members of the Group of Ministers on ” Revival of BSNL”. It was also sent to all the Chief Ministers with special request that mandate be given to the government departments and state PSUs to take telecom services from BSNL only. A few Chief Ministers have acknowledged and replied to the Forum letter.
About 100 Members of Parliament (including Ministers), belonging to different political parties have been adressed by the Forum, enclsoing the Declaration adopted by the Convention and seeking their support and also requesting to take up the issues with the Central government. About some 10 MPs have written and copy supplied to the Forum.
Forum has also written to all the Central Trade Unions seeking their support and for taking up the issue with the government. They were personally met at the National Convention of Workers which was held under the auspices of the 11 Central Trade Unions on 6th August at New Delhi, who fully supported our demands.
Forum also addressed letters enclosing the Declaration to all the Chief General Managers of Telecom Circles for support in improving the serrvices and strengthening BSNL.
As per the decision of the Forum, Circle Conventions on “Revival of BSNL” have been conducted successfully in Kerala and UP(East) so far and All India leaders of BSNL Unions/Associations addressed the same. The Convener was authorised to contact the Circle Conveners for getting the Circle Conventions held at the earliest.
It was also decided to make all efforts to meet the members of the GoM on “Revival of BSNL” together or separately to present our views, suggestions etc.
The Accounts of the National Convention held on 3rd August 2013 was presented by the Convener. The quota received from the Unions/Associations was Rs. 1,02,000/- while the Expenditure was Rs. 1,32,415/-. The Accounts were adopted and it was decided to collect further quota from all the unions to make up the shortage.
2. Meeting of CMD with the Unions/Associations on 30th November 2013.
The Forum has been demanding meeting with the BSNL Management on issues facing BSNL and for strengthening the PSU for a very long time. Now the CMD has called all the unions/associations for a meeting on 30th November 2013 to discuss these issues. The issues to be focussed in the meeting was discussed by the Forum. It was decided to hold a meeting of the Core Committee at 03.00 PM on 28th November at Room.No.706(NC Room) in BSNL C.O. to finalise the main points to be focussed.
3. Parliament March on 12th December 2013.
It was reiterated that as per the earlier decision,maximum workers are to be mobilised for the Parliament March on 12th December by the unions/associations.
4. Conciliation by CLC on BSNL / MTNL issues.
The conciliation on the BSNL issues were closed in the meeting held on 17-10-2013 . The meeting on the MTNL issues are fixed on 3rd December 2013.
The meeting came to an end after vote of thanks by the Chair.
A meeting of the Forum of BSNL Unions/Associations will be held at 0300 PM on 27th November at BSNL MS office to discuss about various issues facing BSNL and its workers. It will also discuss about the points to be raised in the meeting called by the CMD BSNL on 30th November.
All Members of the Forum are requested to be present without fail.
The Forum of BSNL Unions/Associations will be meeting on 9th October 2013 (at 1600 hours ) at BSNLMS Office to review the developments after the National Convention of BSNL Employees held on 3rd August 2013 and also to plan further activities for the Revival of BSNL.
After the Convention was held, the Forum has addressed letters to about 100 prominent Members of Parliament, including Ministers, enclosing the Declaration adopted in the National convention and requesting them to pressurise the government to provide support to the telecom PSUs, BSNL and MTNL and also for solidarity and support. All the Chief General Managers of BSNL Circles also have been addressed enclosing the suggestions/proposals for the Revival of Bonus and seeking their active participation in the same.
The Forum has also written to the Chief Ministers of all the states requesting their support and also requesting to mandate that the state government departments and state PSUs should get all communications connections provided from BSNL/MTNL. Secretary Generals/General Secretaries of Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers, AIRF, NFIR, Federations/Unions of Bank, Insurance, Defence, State Government Employees and others have also been addressed and many of them personally met for support and solidarity in our effort to strengthen BSNL. Heads of PSUs are also being addressed for their support to the telecom PSUs.
These themselves are not sufficient. All the employees of BSNL should become the Ambassadors/ publicity agents of BSNL and give wide publicity to the projects and plans of BSNL.
More than that, the image of the BSNL services has to be changed for the better with more committed service.
The General elections are coming, when one and all will be listening to the manifestos of the various parties. We have to approach them and convince them the necessity of focussing the need for a better telecom service and improving BSNL, its services and financial viability. We can not miss this golden opportunity.
The Works Committees as SSA level, where the union representatives are also present should be utilised maximum to ensure better service to the customers and expansion.
The state level conventions to explain the situation and the decisions of the National Convention should be well planned and executed with maximum participation.
All these issues will naturally come for the discussion in the meeting of the Forum on 9th October..