NFTE & FNTO requested to come back to JAC
As per the decision of the JAC, letters were addressed to NFTE and FNTO to come back to the JAC. Discussion also took place. They stated that they will put the issue before their respective working committees.
JAC meeting with the Secretary DOT on 04-08-2011
The JAC leaders met Shri Chandrasekhar, Secretary DOT on 04-08-2011 and discussed some of the issues raised by the JAC. Shri S.C.Misra, Member(Services) was also present. The following issues were discussed.
- Absorption of ITS officers.
- Against retaining of BSNL buildings with DOT
- National Broadband Network to be entrusted to BSNL
- Cancellation of licences of errant companies.
- Delay in payment of Revision of Pension from 01-01-2007 and its arrears.
- BSNL’s pension contribution to be on the actual basic pay instead of on the maximum of pay
Secretary, DOT assured to consider all the matters positively.
Withdrawal of Medical Allowance, LTC, Leave Encashment etc.
BSNL started posting loss from 2009-2010. It was more loss in 2010-11. In this circumstance, instead of expanding the business, the BSNL management, in the name of reducing expenditure, issued orders withdrawing the Medical Allowance without voucher, restrictions on LTC, curtailing Leave encashment at the time of availing LTC etc. Further the management did not take any action to pay Bonus. This was done while the employees under the leadership of JAC were making all efforts to improve the services and to make BSNL financially viable.
Dharna on 14th September 2011
The meeting of the JAC held on 7th September discussed the matter and decided to organize dharna on 14th September in all SSAs/Circle and Corporate office. A meeting was called by PGM(SR) to discuss the above issues. But there was no result. The Dharna programme as decided was organized effectively with massive participation in all the centres. This was a clear warning to the management.
JAC decides for One Day Strike on 10th October 2011
The meeting of the Joint Action Committee held on 21st September 2011 discussed all the above issues and decided to organize agitational programmes including strike for settlement of the present issues. The following programmes were decided:
- One Day Fast on 27-09-2011
- One Day Strike on 10-10-2011
It was also proposed to meet as many Members of Parliament as possible and seek their support for the demands and agitation. The Strike Notice was issued on 22-09-2011 with the following demands:
- No VRS
- Immediate payment of Bonus(PLI)
- Restoration of Medical Allowance, Leave encashment and LTC.
- Immediate conclusion of the process of ITS absorption
- 2% IDA fixation
- Immediate procurement and supply of equipments including GSM, BB Modem, Cables,Trans SMS, MLLN etc. and implementation of important business projects like ERP, NGN and transmission NMS.
- Government Policy Issues:
- Compensation for loss making rural services according to policy commitments.
- Pension Contribution to DOT only on actual basic pay instead of maximum of the pay scale.
- Refund of Rs. 8,313 crore paid towards non-standard BWA spectrum band
- Grant of flexibility in selecting circles choice for 3G spectrum
- Access deficit Charge(ADC) should be quantified through adequate and appropriate mechanism and paid to BSNL
- Reimbursement of Licence fee as assured at the time of corporatization.
- Refund of ‘Notional Loan’ of Rs. 7,500 crore with interest collected by DOT to BSNL
- Discontinue all Telecom Advisory Committees.
The strike notice was signed by Comrades V.A.N.Namboodiri, Convener JAC, P.Abhimanyu(BSNLEU), G.L.Jogi(SNEA(I), P.Venugopal(AIBSNLEA), V.Subburaman(TEPU), Suresh Kumar(BSNLMS), Ram Kishun Ram(BTU BSNL), Gajendra Kumar(BTEU), S.C.Gaur(BSNLOA), N.D.Ram(SEWA BSNL), R.K.Kohli(NFTBE).
As per the decision massive dharnas were organized on 27th September 2011 at SSA/Circle/C.O. levels successfully.
Strike postponed for broader unity
The JAC contacted NFTE and FNTO leaders who were keeping away from the JAC for some time and requested that they may join JAC and also participate in the one day strike proposed on 10th October 2011. Both unions agreed to join the strike, if it is postponed so that they will get time to prepare. Accordingly, the Strike date was postponed to 15th December 2011. The Strike Notice was issued on 17-11-2011 signed by Comrades V.A.N.Namboodiri, Convener, JAC, P.Abhimanyu (BSNLEU), G.L.Jogi (SNEA(I), Prahlad Rai (AIBSNLEA), V.Subburaman (TEPU), Suresh Kumar (BSNLMS), R.K.Kohli (NFTBE), Kanchilal(SEWA BSNL), R.K.Ram(BTU BSNL) and S.C.Gaur(BSNLOA). NFTE and a few other unions stated that they will issue separate notice and participate in the strike. (To be continued)