Decisions of the Forum Meeting held on 30th December 2014.
A meeting of the Forum of BSNL Unions/Associations was held on 30th December 2014 at BSNL MS Office, presided by Com. Islam Ahmad, President NFTE. The house paid homage to the memory of Com. Chhidu Singh, senior leader and Vice-President of BSNLEU, NTR Circle, who passed away a few days back.
The Convener welcomed all and reported about the developments after the last meeting on 19-12-2014 and action taken on the decisions taken. The Memorandum to be submitted to the Prime Minister has been circulated to all the General Secretaries of Unions/Associations. As per earlier decision, the General Secretaries of all the unions/associations in BSNL have been addressed requesting to participate in the action programmes. About 30 Members of Parliament has been addressed for supporting the cause of BSNL. More are being approached. The Central Trade Unions have been addressed as also the Independent Federations like Confederation of Central Government Employees, Unions in Railways, Postal etc. for solidarity and support in our struggles. Wall Poster for the dharna is prepared with the demands focussed. The General Secretaries in consultation will decide about the dates of the Circle Conventions to be held to focus the issues on the revival of BSNL. The Convener stated that this meeting has been called to plan for the 3 days dharna from 6th to 8th January 2015, Parliament March on 25th February and Indefinite Strike from 17th March which action programmes are already decided.
All the comrades present in the meeting actively participated in the discussion and the following decisions were taken:
- The 3 days dharna from 6th to 8th January 2015 should be organised effectively. The dharna will be from 10.00 AM to 05.00 P.M. Participants should take leave from office and will participate the full day in dharna. All out efforts should be made to ensure that each and every employee participates in the dharna on any of the three days. Wide publicity should be given for the programme.
The Circle Secretaries of NTR and Corporate Office will meet to plan for organising the dharna effectively at Corporate Office. Likewise, Circle Secretaries in all the circles should plan the programme and conduct the same effectively.
- Regarding the Parliament March on 25th February 2015, the General Secretaries will intimate the number of participants from their organisations. Their stay arrangements will be made by the concerned unions.
- It is suggested that the unions/associations hold their Central Working / Executive Committe meetings to discuss and plan the action programmes, including Indefinite Strike, in an effective way.
- While focussing on the anti-worker, anti-BSNL policies of the government, our demands for government assistance, effective management etc., we should have serious introspection and make all out pro-active efforts to improve the quality of service and ensure better service to the customers.
- The Signature Campaign on the Memorandum to be submitted to the Prime Minister on the day of the Parliament March should start with out any delay to ensure that as per decision, more than one crore signatures are obtained.
- Necessary funds for the Parliament March and other activities will be shared by the All India Unions.
- Another meeting will be held to discuss about the future programmes after the dharna programme.
VAN Namboodiri Convener, Forum.