FORUM OF BSNL UNIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
21-22 April 2015 Strike – Meeting with CMD BSNL on 17th April 2015
Consequent to the notice issued for Two Days Strike on 21-22 April, the CMD BSNL held a meeting with the Forum of BSNL Unions/Associations at 04.00 PM on 17th April 2015 on the demands raised in the strike notice. Shri Anupam Shrivastava, CMD BSNL, Smt. Sujata Ray (ED Finance), Shri Shameem Akthar, Sr GM(SR), Ms. Madhu Arora, GM( Estt.), Shri A.Sinha, GM(Admn) and Shri S.S.Agarwal, GM(Pers) attended from the Management.
The Forum was represented by Coms. C.Singh(NFTE), Chairman Forum, V.A.N.Namboodiri, Convener, Suresh Kumar (BSNLMS), Prahlad Rai (AIBSNLEA),Rashid Khan(TEPU), H.P.Singh (BSNLOA), Swapan Chakraborty (BSNLEU), K.Sebastin (SNEA), Rakesh Sethi (AIBSNLOA), Rana Pratap (BEA), Neeraj Kumar(FNTOBEA), R.Gunasekaran(BSNLDEU), Sunil Gautam(SNATTA), R.G.Pandey(BTEU), Satya Dev Sharma(ATM), Mohinder Singh (FNTO), Hari Singh(BTU), Prabodh Kumari (SEWA BSNL) and (NFTBE).
All the demands raised in the strike notice were discussed in detail. The discussion continued for about three hours. More than half of the issues were items on which decision is to be taken by the Government/DOT. On those issues, the Management was asked to take up the same with the DOT and fix a meeting of the Forum with DOT. The following is a brief gist of the discussion:
- Immediate procurement of adequate equipments: The management stated that some equipments have been purchased and tenders have been called for others. The Forum leaders stated that there is still acute shortage adversely affecting the service.
- Compensation for loss-making rural connections: Matter pertains to DOT/Government.
- Financial Assistance to BSNL from Government: The Forum demanded that the Management should take up with the DOT for getting the Refund of spectrum charges of Rs. 6,700 as also Rs.1,250 crore in lieu of ADC for the year 2012-13 at the earliest. Management stated that this will be done. It was also stated that the government has allowed BSNL to take loan of Rs. 7,000 from the Banks.
- No Merger of BSNL and MTNL : Pertains to Government/DOT
- Stop formation of Tower Company: Matter pertains to Government/DOT
- Reject TRAI recommendation to surrender 1.2 MHrz Spectrum: BSNL has taken up the matter with Government.
- Prompt filling up Directors Finance, HR and CM: Issue pertains to Govt./DOT
- Transfer of all assets including land to BSNL: Pertains to Govt. / DOT
- BSNL service to be made mandatory to Central/State government, PSU: Pertains to Govt./DOT
- Immediate refund of BWA spectrum charges to BSNL: Matter pertains to Govt./DOT
- Spectrum liberalization by BSNL without any payment to Government: Issue taken up with the government.
- Reject anti-BSNL recommendations of M/s Deloitee Committee: The recommendations are being examined.
- Allot spectrum free of cost to BSNL: Pertains to Govt./DOT
- BSNL should start 4 G Services : Pertains to Govt./DOT
- No mandatory purchase of equipment from ITI: The Forum leaders pointed out that if ITI is able to provide equipment in time, they have no objection. Management stated that this pertains to Govt./DOT.
- Grant of 78.2% IDA merger fixation to pre-2007 and post 2007 Pensioners: The Forum expressed its serious unhappiness in the undue delay. The issue pertains to Govt. /DOT
- Pension Revision of BSNL Retirees: The case taken up with the DOT, who has to take action.
- Pension contribution on actual basic pay instead of on the maximum of the pay scale: The matter taken with the Government.
- Implement cabinet decision on 30% superannuation benefits to BSNL direct recruited employees: BSNL Board has decided for a Defined Contribution Superannuation Pension Scheme for all direct recruited employees and the same will be submitted to DOT for approval. The Forum insisted that this is not sufficient and the 30% superannuation benefit should be ensured for the BSNL recruited employees, as provided by DPE guidelines.
- Fresh Recruitment of staff: Need based recruitment will be continued in future.
On the issues connected with DOT/Government, the Forum demanded that these issues should be taken up by the Management with DOT. Management stated that efforts are being made for arranging a meeting of the Forum with DOT.
The meeting ended at about 06.30 hours. As indicated above, most of the items pertain to Government/DOT. No development on the other issues also, except that the Forum leaders effectively presented the demands.
The Forum will meet at 11.00 AM on 20-04-2015 for last minute consultations. In the meantime, the Circle/SSA/Branch Secretaries are requested to fully mobilise the workers for the two days strike on 21-22 April 2015. New developments, if any, will be intimated.