Notice for 2 Days Strike on 21-22 April 2015
The notice for 2 days strike on 21-22 April 2015 was served on the BSNL management and Secretary DOT on 12-03-2015 after a mighty demonstration in front of the Corporate office. Demonstrations were held in Circles and SSAs.
The following were the demands in the Strike Notice:
- Immediate procurement of adequate equipments, for the much delayed expansion of BSNL networks, with focus on state-of-the-art technology. Govt should enable BSNL to get the necessary finance for this procurement.
- Compensation for BSNL’s loss making rural land line services, as per the assurances given by the government at the time of formation of the company.
- Financial assistance to BSNL to expand the network as assured. Payment of Rs. 1,250 crores in lieu of ADC.
- Do not merge BSNL and MTNL without fulfilling the demands of the unions and Associations of BSNL.
- Stop formation of a subsidiary tower company of BSNL. BBNL should be merged with BSNL.
- Reject TRAI recommendation to surrender 1.2 MHz spectrum
- Prompt filling up posts Director(Finance), Director(HR) and Director (CM).
- Transfer all its assets including land to BSNL.
- Immediate refund of BWA spectrum charges of Rs. 6,700 crore to BSNL for the surrendered spectrum.
- BSNL service should be made mandatory to Central, State governments and PSUs.
- Allow spectrum liberalisation by BSNL, without payment of any additional charges.
- Reject anti-BSNL and anti-worker recommendations of M/s Deloitte Committee.
- Allot spectrum free of cost to BSNL.
- BSNL should start 4G services
- No mandatory purchase of equipment from ITI
- Grant of 78.2% IDA Merger Fixation for pre-2007 and post-2007 pensioners.
- Pension Revision of BSNL retirees.
- Pension contribution on actual basic pay, instead of maximum of the pay scale for employees absorbed in BSNL, as is being done in the case of Central Govt employees.
- Implement Cabinet decision on 30% superannuation benefits to BSNL direct recruit employees.
- Fresh recruitment of staff
The strike notice was signed by Convener Forum and General Secretaries of all the Unions and Association in the Forum. (to be continued)