Com. V.A.N.Namboodiri, President BSNLEU and Advisor AIBDPA met senior officers of the DoT on 4th April 2014 and discussed important issues:
Meeting with Ms. Annie Moraes, Member (Finance):
1. 78.2% IDA fixation for Pensioners – Com. Namboodiri expressed serious concern at the undue delay in taking decision and issue of orders. It is almost ten months after orders have been issued for regular employees. Member (Finance) stated that Dept. of Expenditure has sought clarifications on three issues viz. 1) whether Cabinet decision is required, 2) whether the pension will exceed 60% of the amount being paid by BSNL to DOT on taxes, licence fee etc. and 3) whether there is any precedent for making payment of pensionary benefits on notional pay and pension revision. The reply is being prepared and will be furnished to DoE early. Com. Namboodiri demanded speedy action by DOT.
2. Rs. 1,500 crore payment to BSNL in lieu of ADC: The Rs.1,500 crore allotted for BSNL from USOF is still not paid. This is to be paid with out further delay. Member (Finance) stated that the matter is being pursued, but certain report from BSNL is required on the performance etc.
3. Upgradation of cities on the basis of the 2011 census: Though it is more than 2 years after the census report has been published, the upgradation of cities like Ahmedabad are still pending orders. Com. Namboodiri requested for early issue of orders. It was stated that the issue has to be decided by DPE on the basis of the final report of the Census.
Meeting with Ms. Rita Teotia, Addl Secretary DOT:
1. Merger of BSNL and MTNL: Com. VAN Namboodiri expressed serious concerns regarding the merger and demanded that these concerns of the employees as mentioned in the Forum Memorandum should be settled before any merger is decided. Addl. Secretary assured that so far no decision has been taken on Merger and that the concerns of the employees will be certainly considered.
2. VRS in BSNL: Addl. Secretary stated that the DOT is fully aware of the opposition of the workers. In fact, no decision has been taken and the viewpoint of the unions will be considered, if any decision will be taken.
Meeting with Shri S.C.Misra, Member (Services):
1. 78.2% IDA fixation for pensioners: Member (Services) stated the complications with regard to the queries raised by the DoE. He also stated that the same is being examined and reply will be given to DOE early.