Consequent to the notice issued for Two Days Strike on 21-22 April, CMD BSNL held a meeting with the Forum of BSNL Unions/Associations at 04.00 PM on 17th April 2015 on the demands raised in the strike notice. Shri Anupam Shrivastava. CMD BSNL, Smt. Sujata Ray, ED Finance, Shri Shameen Akthar Sr. GM SR, Smt. Madhu Arora GGM Estt. Shri A.Sinha, GM Admn and Shri S.S.Agarwal GM Pers attended from the management.
The Forum was represented by Coms. C.Singh Chairman Forum, V.A.N.Namboodiri Convener, Suresh Kumar, Prahlad Rai, Rashid Khan, H.P.Singh, Swapan Chakraborty, K.Sebastin, Rakesh Sethi, Rana Pratap, Neeraj Kumar,R.Gunasekharan, Sunil Gautam, R.G.Paney, Sathya dev Sharma, Mohinder Singh, Hari Singh and Prabodh Kumar representing various unions/associations.
All the demands raised in the strike notice were discussed in detail. The discussion continued for more than three hours. More than half of the issues were items on which decision is to be taken by the Government / DOT. On those issues, the management was asked to take up the same with the DOT and fix a meeting of the Forum with DOT. The following is a brief gist of the discussion:
- Immediate procurement of adequate equipment: The management stated that some equipment have been purchased and tenders have been called for others. The Forum leaders stated that there is still acute shortage adversely affecting the service.
- Compensation for loss making rural connections: Matter pertains to DOT/Govt.
- Financial Assistance to BSNL from Government: The Forum demanded that the management should take up with the DOT for getting the refund of spectrum charges of Rs. 6,700 crores as also Rs. 1,250 crores in lieu of ADC for the year 2012-13 at the earliest. Management stated that this will be done. It was also stated that the government has allowed BSNL to take loan of rs. 7,000 from the banks.
- No merger of BSNL and MTNL: Pertains to Government/DOT.
- Stop formation of Tower Company: Mater pertains to DOT/Govt.
- Reject TRAI recommendation to surrender 1.2 MHrz Spectrum: BSNL has taken up the matter with the government.
- Prompt filling up of posts of Directors Finance, HR and CM: Issue pertains to Govt/DOT
- Transfer of all assets including land to BSNL: Pertains to Govt / DOT.
- BSNL service to be mandatory to central/state governments, PSUs: Pertains to govt / DOT.
- Immediate refund of BWA Spectrum charges to BSNL: Matter pertains to govt / DOT.
- Spectrum liberalisation by BSNL without any payment to government: Issue taken up with the government.
- Reject anti-BSNL recommendations of M/s Deloitte Committee: The recommendations are being examined.
- Allot spectrum free of cost to BSNL: Pertains to govt / DOT.
- BSNL should start 4 G services: Pertains to govt / DOT.
- No mandatory purchase of equipment from ITI: The Forum leaders pointed out that if ITI is able to provide equipment in time, they have no objection. Management stated that this pertains to govt /DOT.
- Grant of 78.2% IDA merger fixation to pre-2007 and post-2007 pensioners: The Forum expressed its serious unhappiness in the undue delay. The issue pertains to DOT/Govt.
- Pension Revision of BSNL retirees: The case taken up with the DOT, who has to take action.
- Pension Contribution on actual basic pay, instead of on the maximum of the pay scale: The matter taken up with the government.
- Implement Cabinet decision on 30% superannuation benefits to BSNL direct recruited employees: BSNL Board has decided for a Defined Contribution Superannuation Pension Scheme for all direct recruited employees and the same will be submitted to DOT for approval. The Forum insisted that this is not sufficient and the 30% superannuation benefit should be ensured for the BSNL recruited employees, as provided by DPE guidelines.
- Fresh Recruitment of staff: Need based recruitment will be made in future.
On the issues connected with DOT / Government, the Forum demanded that these issues should be taken up by the management with DOT. Management stated that efforts are being made for arranging a meeting of the Forum with DOT. As indicated above, most of the items pertain to DOT / Government. No developments on the other issues also, except that the Forum leders effectively presented the demands.
It was decided that the Forum will meet on 20-04-2015 for last minute consultations. In the meantime, the circles/SSAs/Branches were requested to fully mobilise the workers for the two days strike on 21-22 April 2015. (to be continued)