BSNL Employees Union
National Federation of Telecom Employees
BSNL Mazdoor Sangh
Telecom Employees Progressive Union
The Chairman & Managing Director,
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.,
Bharat Sanchar Bhawan,
Janpath, New Delhi – 110001.
Sub: – Notice for General Strike on 8th and 9th January, 2019 – reg.
In accordance with the provisions of sub para (1) of section 22 of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, it is hereby notified
that the BSNL employees will join the General Strike, being organised on 8th and 9th January, 2019, on the following
charter of demands.
1) Urgent measures for containing price-rise through universalisation of public distribution system and
banning speculative trade in commodity market.
2) Containing unemployment through concrete measures for employment generation.
3) Strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive
measures for violation of labour laws.
4) Universal social security cover for all workers.
5) Minimum wages of not less than Rs 18,000/- per month with provisions of indexation.
6) Assured enhanced pension not less than Rs.3,000/- p.m. for the entire working population.
7) Stoppage of disinvestment in Central/State PSUs and strategic sale.
8) Stoppage of contractorisation in permanent perennial work and payment of same wage and benefits for
contract workers as regular workers for same and similar work.
9) Removal of all ceilings on payment and eligibility of bonus, provident fund; increase the quantum of
10) Compulsory registration of trade unions within a period of 45 days from the date of submitting application;
and immediate ratification of ILO Conventions C 87 and C 98
11) Against Labour Law Amendments
12) Against FDI in Railways, Insurance and Defence