The Industrial Strike of today (20.7.2018) on the justified demands of the workers & employees of Delhi was a thunderous success. The strike call was given by 11 Central Trade Unions (INTUC, AITUC, HMS, CITU, AIUTUC, TUCC, SEWA, AICCTU, UTUC, LPF, MEC) against the anti-labor & anti-people policies of both the Kejriwal government of Delhi as well as the Modi government at the centre. Main demands of the strike were:
1. Pay the minimum wages as declared by the Delhi Government.
2. Ensure safety and security of workers at work place.
3. Regularise the Contract Workers.
4. Start the registration of Construction Workers.
5. Stop attacking the livelihood and harassment of the self employed street vendors.
6. Stop ignoring the Trade Unions and honor the commitments made to them.
7. Start Recruitment in MCD and other departments of Delhi government.
8. Implement the recommendations of 7th Pay Commission.
9. Withdraw the provision of Fixed Term Employment.
In Narela industrial area of Delhi workers started their picketing from 7.00 am onwards and around 10,000 workers participated as the day progressed. In Badli around 8000 workers participated in the strike action as the industrial area remain closed. In Rajasthani industrial area there was a worker’s march with 3000 participation and overall 12,000 workers participated in the strike. The same number for Wazirpur industrial area was 2500 and 10,000 respectively. In GT Karnal road industrial area the workers demonstration had participation of 1000 and strike participation was 5000. (Courtesy : Press report)