Major development programmes are planned and executed by the Kerala LDF government headed by Com. Pinarayi Vijayan during the last two years of rule. Plans for further programmes are on the anvil. A look in to the developments already completed.
- The 6 lane National High Way from the north end of the state, Kasargod to Kanyakumari, the construction of which has started will reduce the journey time by hours.
- Kannur International Airport, stated to be India’s fifth largest Airport is being completed and will be opened shortly. It will help the people in the Kannur and Kasargod Districts.
- Kochi Metro reducing the congested traffic of the metro city Kochi/ Ernakulam already started functioning.
- Kochi Water Metro, which help journey and transportation in Kochi /Ernakulam on the line.
- Laying of the GAIL Natural Gas Pipeline in Ernakulam and Thrissue District is in progress.
- Vizhinjam International Multi-purpose Deep-water Sea-Port will be functional from 2019.
- A 611 km waterway connecting Kovalam and Kasargod will be inaugurated by 2020.
- Muziris Heritage Project focussing will be completed by 2020.
- Construction of 657 km Coastal Highway will connect the coastal area with the entire state.
- There are many more medium projects being planned and developed.
The Kerala LDF Government is on the development path for the benefit of the common people. It will march ahead despite roadblocks being created by its opponents.