The Unions representing the BSNL Casual and Contract Workers in Kerala has jointly issued a call for indefinite strike with effect from 5th January 2018 on the following demands:
1. Payment of bonus
2. Payment of wages latest by 7th of every month.
3. Fixing duty hours on the basis of 4 hours and 8 hours as agreed in the meeting on 11.7.2017.
4. No reduction in the number of labourers
5. Completion of categorization work
6. Implementation of minimum wage notified by the Central Labour Ministry
7. Service weightage
8. Issue of Identity cards
9. Equal wage for equal work
10. Payment of 26 days’ wages including that of second Saturdays
11. Implementation of the agreement signed on 11.7.2017
12. Ending of corruption and unholy nexus between officers and contractors.
The strike has been compelled on the workers due to the completely negative attitude of the management and the denial of the fully justified and rule -based rights of the workers. Extend full support to the strike.