The Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers has decided to organise struggle programmes to achieve the common demands of the workers and the specific demands of the CG Employees
Part-I – 12 point Common Charter of Demands of all workers:
1. Urgent measures for containing price rise through universalization of public distribution system and banning speculative trade in commodity market.
2. Containing unemployment through concrete measures for employment generation.
3. Strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive measures for violation of Labour laws.
4. Universal social security cover for all workers.
5. Minimum wages of not less than 18000/- per month with provisions of indexation.
6. Assured enhanced pension not less than Rs.3000/- per month for the entire working population.
7. Stoppage of disinvestment and strategic sale in Central/State Public Sector Undertakings.
8. Stoppage of Contractorisation in permanent periennial work and payment of same wage and benefits for contract workers as regular workers for same and similar work.
9. Removal of all ceilings on payment and eligibility of bonus, provident fund; increase the quantum of gratuity.
10. Compulsory registration of Trade Unions within a period of 45 days from the date of submitting application and immediate ratification of ILO Conventions C-87 and C-98.
11. Against Labour law amendments.
12. Against FDI in Railways, Insurance and Defence.
Separate demands of CG employees are added.
(1) 19th September 2017 (Tuesday) – Mass dharna at all District Headquarters.
(2) 17th October 2017 (Tuesday) – Mass dharna at all State Capitals.
(3) 2017 November 9th, 10th and 11th – Three days “Maha Dharna” at New Delhi along with Central Trade Unions and other independent Federations.
(4) Indefinite strike in 2018 jointly with Central Trade Unions and other independent Federations.
2017 November 9th, 10th, 11th – Delhi Maha Dharna:
We fully support the demands and extend full solidarity.