After 5 months of militant struggle, in which leaders of BSNLEU and SNEA were suspended, transferred and charge-sheeted, the Kerala BSNL contract workers have won their demands for higher wages. As the orders issued on the basis of the agreement reached between the union and the circle Management, the new rates are as follows:
- Unskilled Labour : Rs.318 ( Rs. 236 earlier)
- Semiskilled Labour: Rs. 343 (Rs. 258 earlier)
- Skilled Labour : Rs. 351 (Rs. 258 earlier)
- Out door workers will get Rs.17/- as transport allowance.
- Variable DA will be in addition.
- These rates will be implemented from 1st August 2015.
- These rates are based on the minimum wages for Kerala State.
We congratulate the BSNLEU, BSNLCCWF and SNEA leaders and workers who organised the struggle and fought to the end. Com.K.Mohanan, Circle Secretary BSNLEU and Circle President BSNLCCWF, N.R.Somasekharan Nair, CS, BSNLCCLU and George Verghese, then CS SNEA along with the other leaders in the circle led the militant struggle. Coms. V.A.N.Namboodiri, President, BSNLCCWF, P.Abhimanyu, GS BSNLEU and K.Sebastin, GS SNEA and other leaders from CHQ negotiated with the BSNL Management at each and every stage.
Congratulations for the casual contract workers of Kerala for their great victory!