There is a news which is unheard of so far. The HSBC has decided that the Bonus of the staff will be cut in order to pay the penalty being imposed on the bank for the shadowy and corrupt practices, which have been exposed now. HSBC is alleged to have put unaccounted money in their Swiss Branch. It is also reported that this will affect the salary hike of the staff.
Corruption/shadowy practices by the bank and the penalty on the employees. This has to be strongly protested and defeated.
NEW DELHI: State-tun telecom company BSNL is investing an over Rs 11,000 crore to improve its all-round services including strengthening network, modernizing telephone exchanges and installing mobile towers in the Naxal-dominated areas, Parliament was informed today.
“BSNL and MTNL are taking several steps to enhance revenues through investments to strengthen its network and focus on consumer care and service delivery to improve quality of service,” telecom minister Ravi Shankar Prasad informed the Lok Sabha in a written reply.
Both companies have drastically lost their subscriber base mainly due to inadequate investment that led to network coverage issues, inability to compete with private sector telecom firms with regard to marketing and customer satisfaction, he said. Courtesy: (TOI)
FORUM OF BSNL UNIONS & ASSOCIATIONS
Meeting of the Forum held on 27th February 2015
A meeting of the Forum of BSNL Unions & Associations was held on 27th February 2015 at BSNLMS Office, presided over by Com. C.Singh, Chairman, Forum. Coms. A.Rajmouli(NFTE), R.C.Pandey, A.Ganesh, Manoj Kumar Jha(BTEU BSNL), P.Abhimanyu, Swapan Chakroborty, John Verghese(BSNLEU), K.Sebastin (SNEA), Prahlad Rai, P.Venugopal (AIBSNLEA), K.Jayaprakash, Mohinder Singh (FNTO), N.D.Ram, B.Hanumantha Rao (SEWA BSNL), Sunil Gautam (SNATTA), Suresh Kumar, Tomar (BSNLMS), H.P.Singh (BSNLOA) and R.K.Ram (BTU BSNL) participated.
Com. V.A.N.Namboodiri, Convener, Forum, welcomed all and introduced the items to be discussed – Review of the Parliament March and the proposed strike of the BSNL employees. All the union /association leaders participated in the discussion and the following decisions were taken.
- The Parliament March on 25th February 2015 was well participated by thousands of employees and was a great success. Comrades from all parts of the country attended with more from the nearby circles. BSNL pensioners and casual & contract workers also attended. The meeting congratulated the employees for the massive participation. The March was addressed by M.P.s and Central TU leaders who fully supported the demands of the Forum and extended solidarity and support. The Memorandum to the Prime Minister, signed by lakhs of people demanding revival of BSNL, was presented by the representatives of Forum. The Parliament March has made a great impact on the workers for going forward with the strike.
- The meeting discussed in detail about the preparations for the Indefinite Strike from 17th March 2015 on the demand of SAVE BSNL. It was felt that some more campaign among the workers and public is necessary before the strike. Conventions are yet to be held in many circles. The NDA government is going on aggressively with anti-PSU policies including disinvestment and privatisation of PSUs as also anti-worker policies. These have to be exposed before the people and workers for getting maximum support. Sustained struggles with the support of the people are required for the same. Further, the month of March is the end of the Financial Year and going on strike at the time will result in many complications for BSNL and its targets, which the Forum wants to avoid. Considering all the above, the meeting has decided as follows:
- Two Days Strike will be organised on 21 -22 April 2015, instead of the proposed Indefinite Strike from 17th March 2015. The Strike notice will be served on the CMD BSNL on 12th March 2015 after holding a massive demonstration in front of BSNL Corporate Office. The Notice will be signed by the General Secretaries and they should be present when serving the notice to the CMD BSNL. Demonstrations should be conducted on the same day at SSA/Circle levels. Wide publicity should be given for the same. Press Conferences to be organised on the day at Circle levels, and if possible at SSA levels.
4. The Signature Campaign will continue till 31st March 2015 and the additional signed Memorandums will be presented to the Prime Minister on that day. The Memorandums should be sent to Com. V.A.N.Namboodiri, Convener Forum, D-7. Telegraph Place, Gole Market, New Delhi – 110001 so as to reach before 31-03-2015.General Secretaries are entrusted with the task of holding the state level convention where it has not been held so far. These include A.P., Maharashtra, A&N, ALTTC, Assam, BRBRAITT, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Haryana, H.P., Jharkhand, NTR, Odisha, Inspection Circle, TF Mumbai, TF-Kolkata, Uttarakhand, UP(West) and BSNL C.O. In addition, Joint District level Conventions and Branch General Bodies should he held to spread the message of the demands and the strike. General Secretaries and Circle Secretaries should take initiative for the same and ensure that these are conducted well before the strike.
5. Posters will be got printed for the strike by Forum and circulated wherever required through the General Secretaries. Wall posters can be printed in the local language by the Circle unions.
All out effort is required for making the 2 days strike a complete success. Each and every worker should be contacted and his participation in the strike ensured. Joint effort by all the unions/associations at All India, Circle and SSA level is very much necessary. The Save BSNL Campaign and the 2 Days Strike should be organised effectively and successfully.
SAVE BSNL – SAVE NATION
The Central Secretariat meeting of BSNLEU was held at KG Bose Bhawan New Delhion 26-02-2015. Com. Balbir Singh, President, presided. Union Flag was hoisted by Com.P.Abhimanyu, General secretary. Comrades paid homage at the martyrs column.
The Meeting reviewed about the 27th November strike and also discussed about the preparation for the strike on Revival of BSNL.
The meeting called upon the workers to be ready for the strike and further programmes.
A meeting of the Forum of BSNL Unions and Associations will be held at 11.00 AM on 27th February 2015 to review the Parliament March and also prepare for the strike on the issue of Revival of BSNL. All the members should come without fail.
The entire opposition put the government on the defensive on the Land Acquisition Bill, both within the Parliament and outside.
In the Rajya Sabha, where the government is in minority, the entire opposition slammed the government on the new bill allowing the government to take over the land of farmers without their permission for industrial use. Outside, thousands of farmers of various political parties are still sitting on Dharna and protesting. A very good fight for survival.
The protest is going to increase. It is better for the government to withdraw it.
Delhi AAP government has started implementing its poll promises. Yesterday it issued orders reducing electricity charges by 50% to those using less than 400 units and free water to those who uses below 20,000 litres of water in a month.
It is estimated that the electricity subsidy will come to about Rs.1,427 crore per year and free water Rs. 250 crore.
Good that AAP has started implementing its assurances to the people.
Good News for subscribers! TRAI has stated that the National Mobile number portability will be implemented from 3rd May 2015. This will allow subscribers shifting from one circle to another to retain their telephone number. At present one has to pay roaming charges out side the circle. This avoid the roaming charges.
Continuing adopting anti-worker bills by the state governments ruled by BJP, the Gujarat Government yesterday, 25th February 2015, passed a bill banning strike for one year and then extending to two more years.
Along with banning of strike, the act also reduces the period for raising industrial disputes from three years to one year.
We express our strong protest and demand that the anti-worker act be scrapped.