Lakhs of Central Government employees will go on one day strike on 12th December 2012 demanding new Wage Revision w.e.f. 01-01-2011 and other major demands. The main demands are given in brief below:
- Revise wages of CG employees and GDS w.e.f. 01-01-2011.
- Merge DA with pay w.e.f. 01-01-2011
- Remove discrimination in Compassionate Ground Appointments
- Departmentalise Gramin Dak Sewaks ( ED employees) and grant all benefits of regular employees
- Revive functioning of JCM
- Fill up vacant posts and create new posts
- Stop downsizing, outsourcing, contractorisation, corporatisation and privatisation
- Stop price-rise; Strengthen PDS
- Introduce PLB in all departments and remove ceiling
- Revise OTA, Night Duty Allowance and uniform rates.
- Implement all arbitration awards
- Make the right to strike legal and fundamental right
- Grant five promotions to all employees
- Withdraw PFRDA bill and ensure statutory pension to all
- Vacate all victimisation
The central government employees unions including NFPE have already issued the notice. Serious propaganda has started and leaders are on tour all over India to make the strike a great success. More or less the demands are the demands of workers in all sectors. The demands are fully justified. We fully support the demands and give solidarity to the struggle of the Central Govt. employees.