Although the EPFO has recommended 8.95% interest, the government is trying to fix at 8.8% as interim. This is not acceptable.The Central Trade Unions had demanded 9.5% interest which should be granted. Any how, there can not be any reduction from 8.95%.
In the strike ballot taken, 95% of Railways workers have voted in favour of Indefinite Strike against the retrograde recommendations of the VII Central Pay Commission. This was disclosed by Com. Shiv Gopal Mishra, Secretary General AIRF and Convener, National Joint Action Committee of Staff Side. The strike ballot was taken on 11-12 February 2016. The strike notice will be served on 11th March and strike will start on 11th April 2016.
New Delhi, February 19: Leaders of Left parties met President of India today and handed over the following memorandum.
We, the undersigned, strongly condemn the attack launched by the RSS-BJP against the Left and all other democratic and secular forces in the country. It is clear that by spreading the canard of being “anti-national” the RSS-BJP have mounted an all India attack against the Indian people.
While strongly condemning the attack mounted by the RSS under the patronage of this BJP-led NDA government against the Jawaharlal Nehru University, we, the undersigned, see this as part of a larger design by the communal forces to carry forward their agenda in institutions of higher learning. This systemic pattern is clearly visible in the incidents in Film & Television Institute of India, Hyderabad Central University leading to the tragic suicide of Rohit Vemula, the incidents in IIT Chennai and now in Jadavpur University.
It is clear that the RSS-BJP are mounting an open attack on the democratic and constitutional rights of the people. Further, such attacks are part of the efforts to sharpen communal polarisation in the country.
We, the undersigned, demand that the JNU Students Union President, Kanhaiya Kumar must be released and all cases of sedition filed against students must be withdrawn forthwith. No harassment and witch hunting must be allowed. The truth has now come out that most of the evidence produced by the government was fabricated. Those who have fabricated the evidence and propagated it, must be punished under the law.
We, the undersigned, request the Hon’ble President of India to immediately intervene to defuse the situation and prevail upon the Indian government to withdraw from this dangerous course that it has adopted.
We are appealing to you, as the custodian of the Indian Constitution, to urgently intervene to defend the people’s Constitutional rights that are being trampled upon today.
S. Sudhakar Reddy Sitaram Yechury,MP
General Secretary, CPI General Secretary, CPI(M)
Pawan Verma, MP Premchand Gupta, MP
Janata Dal (United) Rashtriya Janata Dal
D. P. Tripathi, MP D. Raja, MP
Nationalist Congress Party CPI
Mohd Salim, CPI(M)
Meanwhile, a delegation of Left leaders, along with MPs of NCP, JD(U) and RJD, will meet President Pranab Mukherjee in the evening, seeking his intervention in the JNU row being Visitor of the university.
The Trade Union International ( Public Services) has called upon all the Public Sector Units organisations in the world to organise International Protest Day against Privatisation of Public Sector units on 4th April 2016.
BSNL is one of the PSUs being brutally being attacked. It is necessary that all PSU organisations observe the programme.
The Central Executive Committee meeting of BSNLEU has started today, 19 February 2016, at Ahmednagar presided over by Com. Balbir Singh, President. The CEC was inaugurated by Dr. Karad, General Secretary, CITU, Maharashtra.
Earlier, the National flag was hoisted by President Com. Balbir Singh and union’s red flag by Com.P.Abhimanyu, General Secretary, BSNLEU. All the comrades paid homage at the Martyrs’ column. The session is continuing.
April 4 2016
INTERNATIONAL DAY OF FIGHT
The economic and financial crisis not only does not appear to be over, but it assumes worrying aspects of an open and general warfare. The manipulation of the data on GDP, creation of jobs, collides with the daily reality of the labour world, both of the employed and unemployed workers.
The centralization and concentration of capital and wealth; the financialization of the economy; the systematic attack on the social functions of the State, the mercantilization of all spheres of social life, in a logic of privatizing anything that can generate greater income to capital; the attacks on international law and on the sovereignty of States; the centralization of political power and its submission to the economic power and to the militarization strategies of international relations, are components of capitalist policies that dominate most countries all over the world.
The exploitation of male and female workers worsens and intensifies throughout the world and is clearly marked by denial of rights and the abusive use of their workforce in return for increasingly lower wages.
The main points of this offensive are:
A cut in real wages; The deregulation and increase in work time; The deregulation of labour relations; The spreading of precarious labour; The appropriation of public funds and investments by private economic groups; The increase of the retirement age; The cut in retirement and pension benefits; The destruction of public sector jobs; The regression of social and labour rights; The denial of the right to negotiation and collective bargaining and other collective rights of the workers.
An offensive that is expressed in the attack on class-oriented trade unionism and on collective bargaining, which seeks to create divisions between public and private workers, which deepens discrimination and division of professions and fosters individual labour relations, to break the solidarity among the working class, and to weaken the trade unions.
The claiming action of trade unions affiliated to the TUI – Public Services, should be guided, respecting the specificities of each country:
- To demand modern, efficient, , quality, universal and free public services, to answer the real needs of the workers and people, against their outsourcing or privatization, refusing its use for the accumulation of profits by the oligarchy;
- To demand the repeal of all rules affecting the rights of Public Administration workers in the countries where they were imposed;
- To demand improvements in the working and living conditions of the Public Administration workers, namely better wages and work times compatible with their personal and family life;
- To end precariousness of employment contracts and have guarantees of stability in public employment to ensure the independence from capitalist governments, either in the central, regional and local administration, and in the State-owned business sectors;
- To exercise the right to trade union freedom (association, meetings, demonstration, participation, etc.) in all workplaces and the right to negotiation and collective bargaining;
- To implement social policies that answer the interests of the people and workers for a fairer distribution of wealth, with the rejection of charitable social policies;
- For the rejection of all neoliberal policies and austerity that in various parts of the world seek to destroy the labour and social rights of workers and peoples;
- To struggle for Peace and internationalist solidarity against war, militarism, aggression, interference and blockades that undermine the interests of the workers and peoples – in defence of national sovereignty, for the people to freely decide their destiny.
- The massive participation and mobilization of Trade Unions in the International Action Day of TUI PS Against Privatizations on April 4, each organization in their own countries
- Each Trade Union spread this document to be discussed and signed into every union, so that they also adopt this decision and work with it by developing actions and initiatives. Specially to try to open discussion with unions who have different perspective from us.
- To decide dates of action in 3-4 branches (such as public administration, Education, transport, Healthcare etc.) against the privatizations, where they will be part of the preparation and steps of escalating towards the International Action Day
- To put all our efforts for the success of the 17th Congress of WFTU and massive participation to it
|Click here to Reply, Reply to all or Forward|
The Ahmednagar Comrades led by Com. Appa Saheb Garge and other leaders are making all arrangements for the successful conduct of the CEC Meeting of BSNLEU on 19-21 February 2016.Coms.Nallawade, Circle Secretary and John Verghese, Asst. General Secretary are supervising and guiding the Reception Committee. The CEC meeting will be inaugurated by Com. Karad, General Secretary, CITU, Maharashtra in the morning of 19-02-2016.
The CEC Meeting will finalise the strategey and tactics for facing the VII Membership Verification with the target of getting more than 50% support and recognition.
The Hindutwa Brigade with the full support of the central government continues witch hunting of the progressive elements, especially in the universities and educational campuses. The latest is the JNU incident. Freedom of speech has become a casualty.
As has been pointed out in the media, attack on the freedom of speech now is surpassing that of during the period of Emergency in the 1975-76.