US President Donald Trump has declared that he will not certify the Nuclear Deal with Iran, which was started during the president ship of Barak Obama. This will mean that the US is going to create fresh unrest in West Asia. It is very clear that Trump is taking a confrontational position with all whom he differs with. Already the relations with Cuba and N.Korea has worsened due to the arrogant attitude of Trump. He has withdrawn from UNESCO for the support given to Palestine by the world body. Is the cold war coming back?
All Unions and Associations of BSNL have served notice for the agitational programmes to both Secretary, DoT and CMD, BSNL on 11-10-2017 signed by 11 unions and associations.
The demands put forward are (1) Pay Revision from 01-01-2017 with 15% fitment benefit and (2) Drop the proposal to form a separate tower company.
The agitational programs are as follows;
Demonstration at Corporate, Circle and SSA levels on 16-10-2017.
Human Chain at Corporate, Circle and SSA levels on 16-11-2017
Two Days Strike on December 12th and 13th, 2017
Indefinite Strike if the issues are not settled, date of which will be announced in due course.
All the AIBDPA Units are requested to support the above agitational programs by participating in the Dharna and Human Chain and extend all help and co-operation for the strike.
AIBDPA will chalk out separate agitational programs for Pension Revision from 01-01-2017 with 15% fitment after the Mass Dharna called by NCCPA at New Delhi on 25-10-2017.
( Courtesy: AIBDPA)
In an unprecedented move, both US and Israel has left the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)on the ground that the latter is taking an anti – Israel stand. The US has not been contributing to the UNESCO fund since 2011 since UNESCO has been recognizing Palestine.
Narrow nationalism and anti-Palestine phobia has blinded US against international commitments. World nations have criticized US for the unjustified withdrawal and also non payment of funds to UNESCO.
The decision of the Election Commission to order election in Himachal Pradesh alone, even when the Gujarat election is also due, has surprised many. When two or more states are due for elections, these are being done at the same time. The doubt naturally arises why such a different position has been taken in the case of Gujarat. Election Commission should clear the doubt.
It is reported that Bharti Airtel will take over the mobile section of the Tata Teleservices. The later is under loss and has gone down, especially after the Reliance Jio entered the market with its aggressive offers. The big shark eating the smaller one!
A workers meeting with participation of hundreds workers was held in Kolkata, India on 10th October 2017, on the occasion of the annual WFTU TUI meeting. The following Resolution called “Kolkata (India) Conclusion” was adopted by the Meeting:
KOLKATA (INDIA) CONCLUSION
This WFTU – TUI annual consultation meeting is being held around one year after the 17th World Trade Union Congress in Durban, South Africa and around five months after the meeting of the Presidential Council of WFTU in Havana, Cuba. It is being held in a situation when the systemic capitalist crisis is deepening and the capitalist class continues its attempt to protect and increase their profits by shifting the burdens of the crisis on to the working class and other sections of the toiling people. All the hard won rights and benefits of the working class are under attack.
This onslaught has to be fought nationally and internationally. TUIs have a big responsibility in leading this fight. They have to develop and strengthen sectoral and coordinated movements in their respective sectors throughout the world under the guidance and with the support of the WFTU.
The ideology of the WFTU, the understanding of the 17th Congress of the WFTU about the world situation and the role of the class oriented trade unions have to be taken to the grass root level workers in our respective sectors.360
TUIs are major bodies of class oriented trade union movement. They have the fundamental responsibility of defending the rights of the workers in their respective sectors including the trade union rights, of linking the workplace with the WFTU.
The basic principle of functioning enunciated by WFTU, of ‘open and democratic functioning’ should be duly reflected in the functioning of all our TUIs. Hence, whatever shortcomings in the functioning of the TUIs exist today have to be overcome with a sense of urgency.
To ensure this, we have to take up the following tasks:
• All TUIs to meet regularly, discuss the developments in their industries, the conditions of the workers in their industries and their struggles in various countries at the global level. Mechanism for regular sharing of information among all affiliated unions across the globe to be evolved and effectively implemented.
• Support the struggles of workers in their industries across the world, plan solidarity actions and implement them; inform WFTU Secretariat about these struggles for broader support and solidarity
• Plan activities that would help ideological development of the working class in their respective sectors
• Review implementation of decisions and progress in all meetings and formulate activities accordingly
• Strengthen coordination among the various affiliated unions of the TUIs and between the TUIs and the WFTU to develop effective global resistance to the global onslaught of the capitalists
• The 150th year of publication of ‘Das Capital’ to be observed to spread awareness about the inherent exploitative nature of the capitalist system and raise the consciousness of the workers on the need to change the system and the role of the working class in ending exploitation.
• TUI affiliates are to take up the day to day problems of workers, analyse objectively from working class angle the cause of problems and organise struggle to fulfil the demands of the workers.
• TUIs to work for developing unity with the farmers, students and self employed people.
• TUIs have the task of promoting international solidarity with workers from other sectors and countries.
• TUIs must pay attention to the diabolical developments of political refugees and economic migrants facing inhuman atrocities internationally which is directly linked to barbarity of imperialism and capitalist crisis.
• TUIs must act as powerful lever of struggle against capitalist barbarism pursued by monstrous multi-national corporations (MNCs).
• To take precise efforts to improve the functional position of the TUIs, with specific attention to strengthen the fund position of the TUIs in order to expand their function and activities.
• To undertake study at regular intervals to trace down the development in industries with facts and figures with a view to educate the cadres and masses internationally and send the reports to WFTU Secretariat.
• To establish co-ordination between the Regional Offices and TUIs in each Regions, so as to help each other and the implementation of collective programmes.
• TUIs must continuously promote the WFTU amongst the grass root level workers and unions and bring them into the WFTU family. This should be an important parameter to judge the organisational success of all the TUIs.
• TUIs must participate in the activities of the different forums of WFTU and implement the campaign and action programmes time to time decided by the WFTU including observation of the Action Day on 3rd October every year
• TUIs must democratically elect leaders in their Congress ensuring that the new cadres and leaders are active and effective in discharging the responsibility of the office they hold in the respective TUI.
This meeting held at Kolkata, India on 9-10 October, 2017 with representatives from Nine TUIs requests the WFTU Secretariat to concretise the various proposals and action programmes by the TUIs. The Secretariat of WFTU may ensure communication to the TUIs regularly and extend class oriented ideological and organisational support to the TUIs.
France:Solidarity with the French workers who called on strike
12 Oct 2017 EUROPE, FRANCE
The World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU), representing more than 92 million workers in 126 countries worldwide, reiterates its internationalist solidarity with French civil servants and with all the workers who called for a strike on 10 October 2017.
As international class-orineted trade union movement, we support the protests and demands of all workers in France against the reform of the labor code, against the job cuts and the attack on their social rights and acquired rights.
We call the workers of France to join their voices with their striking colleagues and to coordinate their struggles to deal with the anti-labor measures of the EU and the French government.
The struggle continues!
It was on 21st October 2009 that All India BSNL DOT Pensioners Association was formed in a massive convention held at Garhwal Bhawan Auditorium in New Delhi. Large number of BSNL and DOT pensioners from all parts of the country participated.
The Convention was presided over by Com.J.N.Mishra, then President of BSNL Employees Union and the Pensioners Convention Flag was hoisted by Com. Ananta Kumar Bhattacharjee, one of the senior most leaders of the P and T Trade Union movement. All the delegates paid homage to the Martyrs.
Com. M.K.Pandhe, then President of CITU and one of the tallest leaders of the trade union movement in the country and the Vice-President of WFTU inaugurated the Convention. He congratulated the organisers for holding the convention and the decision to form a Pensioners organisation for the DOT and BSNL Pensioners. Com.S.K.Vyas, the undisputed leader of the Central government employees and the Pensioners, addressed and spoke about the major issues of the pensioners. A back ground paper on the issues of the pensioners was presented by Com.V.A.N.Namboodiri, then GS BSNLEU, for discussion of the delegates and decisions.
After discussion by a large number of delegates, it was unanimously decided to form All India BSNL DOT Pensioners Association to defend the interests of the BSNL DOT Pensioners and advance their cause. The Constitution presented by Com.P.V.Chandrasekharan, veteran leader, was unanimously adopted by the house.
Office-bearers with Coms. A.K.Bhattacharjee as President and K.G.Jayaraj as General Secretary was unanimously elected. A mighty movement for the DOT BSNL pensioners was born on that day, October 21, 2009.
During the last 8 years, the organisation has grown tremendously becoming the biggest Pensioners organisation in the Central government Pensioners movement as one of the senior leaders in the NCCPA (National Co-Ordination Committee of Pensioners Association) congratulated. It took up the issues of the pensioners with the central government, Ministers, DOT and BSNL and achieved good advancements. It fought along with BSNLEU and the Associations and Unions of BSNL in the interest of the BSNL and also its employees and pensioners. Massive Parliament / Sanchar Bhawan March was organised in Delhi. AIBDPA was represented through V.A.N.Namboodiri, Advisor, in the discussion with the VII Central Pay Commission, who focussed the pension and pension revision issues of the BSNL pensioners and gave a special Memorandum as required by the Commission.
Whether it is the Pension Revision w.e.f. 01-01-2007, 78.2% IDA fixation or restoration of medical allowance – on all issues facing the DOT and BSNL pensioners, AIBDPA was in the forefront. Now the main question before the BSNL pensioners is the pension revision w.e.f. 01-01-2017, on which it has demanded the government to grant 15% IDA fitment as recommended for the executives by the III PRC, with full logic and precedence. The government is paying the pension and the affordability clause put by the III PRC is not applicable to the BSNL pensioners. The demand put by some pensioners associations on CDA pension revision will result in much loss, complication and anomalies and is against the existing practice on IDA scale which has largely benefitted the pensioners. The co-ordination of the workers and the pensioners is most important. Remember, “To day’s workers are tomorrow’s pensioners and to day’s pensioners were yesterday’s workers”. This bond should be strengthened.
AIBDPA has called upon the pensioners to celebrate the Foundation Day Anniversary on 21st October 2017 in a befitting manner by organising meetings, demonstrations, rallies etc. and preparing for the future struggles on the demands of the pensioners. This Foundation Day Celebration is being organised, when the entire CG pensioners movement in the country are preparing for massive struggles on the fully justified demands of the workers. The massive Parliament March on 25th October 2017 as per the call of NCCPA will be historic and AIBDPA will make all efforts for maximum participation.
On this 8th Foundation Anniversary of AIBDPA, Warm Greetings and Congratulations to all members and our well wishers!
The CPI(M) organised a march to the BJP Office in Delhi against the terror let loose by the RSS-BJP and also against the murders committed by the RSS-BJP in Kerala. Sitaram Yechury, who led the march stated that CPI(M) will never bow down before RSS-BJP and will resist all such attacks. BJP has been demonstrating before AKG Bhawan for the last few days alleging political murders in Kerala. Central Ministers and BJP all India leaders were spearheading this attack on CPI(M) office.
DPE has issued orders increasing 5.3% IDA for PSU employees with effect from 01-10-2017. The total IDA now is 124.3%.