According to the decision of Chennai National Executive, an Fasting Dharna was organised by NCCPA at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi on 15-03-2019 demanding settlement of the ten important demands, including Option 1, Pension Revision of BSNL retirees with 15% fitment delinking wage revision, Rs.2000 monthly medical allowance etc. Com.Shiv Gopal Mishra, Chairman, NCCPA and Secretary, Staff Side JCM inaugurated. Coms.K K N Kuttyu, Secretary General, NCCPA, V A N Namboodiri, Patron, NCCPA, R N Parashar, Secretary General, NFPE, K G Jayaraj, General Secretary, AIBDPA, K Ragavendran, General Secretary, AIPRPA and a host of leaders addressed and exposed the anti-pensioner and anti-worker policies of the Modi government. The participation of pensioners was huge and AIBDPA could participate the entire comrades who were part of the Sanchar Bhawan March.
The Govt is taking calculated steps to finish off BSNL, systematically by not allowing it to expand the network and provide 4G services, deliberately creating industrial unrest in the company by stopping the funds and salary payment and making BSNL gradually sick. This is deliberate because about 6,000 Cr rupees, payable to BSNL is blocked by DoT (Rs 2350 Cr on BWA spectrum refund interest, Rs 2100 Cr on excess pension Contribution paid, other receivables from DoT). This in turn will benefit the private operators especially Reliance Jio to capture the entire telecom market. The Administrative Ministry DoT and Hon Minister repeatedly assured AUAB that it is committed for revival of BSNL, 4G spectrum allotment and settlement of HR issues as we demanded, but not done anything on the assurances. When Govt slowly gone back from the assurances and started purchasing time, AUAB in strongest protest, gone for 3 days strike in February.
DoT is meticulously implementing the Govt decisions to finish off BSNL with the support of Niti Aayog, Finance Ministry etc. The DoT finance is creating all the hurdles on each are every BSNL proposal, with the tacit support of the higher authorities. This calculated move of the Govt and the DoT placed BSNL in such a critical condition, that the employees are unable to get their salary. The DoT is not allowing BSNL to take bank loan for the CAPEX for expansion of network or OPEX for operations when other operators are taken lakhs of Crores of rupees bank loan for the CAPEX and OPEX. Due to shortage of funds, BSNL is not even able to pay electricity bills, labour charges, maintenance charges, vendor payments for the AMC, vehicle running etc which in turn is seriously affecting the services.
The AUAB discussed all these issues during the last 3 days and firmly decided to expose the conspiracies of the Govt and the DoT. Hence, the AUAB has decided to organise a massive Rally to Sanchar Bhavan on 05.04.2019. It has decided to invite the leaders of all political parties to address this rally.
All the Circles and SSAs are requested to mobilise the maximum number of employees for the rally and to make it an historic event.
AUAB also decided to meet all the Political parties at Central level, state level and the prominent candidates of each constituency to seek their support for the revival of BSNL. (Courtesy: SNEA)
Payment of salary for the month of February, 2019, to be made by 20.03.2019 – CMD BSNL assures to the AUAB.
The representatives of the AUAB met Shri Anupam Shrivastava, CMD BSNL today at 10:30 am. Ms.Sujata T. Ray, Director (HR) was also present. The AUAB demanded that the salary for the month of February, 2019, should be paid before the Holi festival. The CMD BSNL explained the present financial position of the Company briefly, and assured that payment of salary would be made by 20th March, 2019 (BSNLEU Website)
Some of our friends and certain associations have been asking why pension revision w.e.f. 01-01-2017 for BSNL retirees should be demanded on the basis of III PRC instead of on the basis of VII CPC? In this connection certain points are given below, which gives a clear picture in the matter.
When BSNL was formed in 2000, the entire employees working in the Department of Telecommunications were absorbed in BSNL with assurance of better prospects and pension from consolidated fund of the government of India. Rule 37A was incorporated with the CCS (Pension) Rules , 1972 to ensure them government pension is granted. The pension revision was given to them with 30% fitment , recommended by the 2nd PRC for the PSU employees from 01-01-2007. If the pay revision and pension revision was as per VII CPC, it would be from 01-01-2006 and also on CDA scale. But as per PRC II it was granted on IDA scales w.e.f. 01-012017.Later, they were also granted pension revision based on the 78.2% IDA fitment at par with the working employees of BSNL. But both these revisions were much delayed due to a condition of 60:40 stipulated by the government for payment of pensionary benefits. However with much efforts and struggles, this condition was annulled by the Cabinet and the order issued vide No.40-13/2013-Pen (T) dated 20-07-2016. It is stated in the order, Para 2 (b) that “The liability towards pensionary benefits including family pension to the BSNL employees (excepting those recruited after 01-10-2000), as per sub rule, 22 of Rule 37-a of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972, lies with the government.”
The 3rd PRC has recommended 15% fitment for the pay revision of PSU employees with effect from 01-01-2017 which has been approved by the government. The BSNL absorbed government retirees are fully justified to get their pension revised with 15% fitment from 01-01-2017 without linking to the wage revision of BSNL employees. Wage revision of BSNL employees is being delayed due to the affordability condition laid down by the 3rd PRC and on the plea of loss to the company. The pension revision of BSNL absorbed government retirees has nothing to do with the finance of BSNL, as the entire liability lies with the central government. The Department of Telecommunications, despite the assurance by the hon’ble Minister of Communications for early pension revision, is adopting a negative approach and their mindset , even after a series of discussions and struggles, is for the pension revision only after pay revision of BSNL employees. The central government pensioners have already got their pension revised from 01-01-2016 as per the recommendations of 7th CPC. So it is a great injustice being meted out to the BSNL absorbed government retirees by denying the due pension revision w.e.f. 01-01-2017, even after two years of their counterparts in central service got their pension revision.
Certain discussions are going among the pensioners and in social media about how to get the pension revision with effect from 01.01.2017 for BSNL pensioners. Some pensioners unions have demanded for continuing the pension revision as was done w. e. f. 01.01.2007 as this was much beneficial compared to CG Pensioners pension revision. It is most justified and logical too. Some have demanded that it should be on the basis of VII CPC. certain relevant points are given below:
2. The pay revision and pension revision of CG employees were w.e.f. 2006, while the same for BSNL employees and pensioners w.e.f 2007. In the same way it will be in 2016 for CG employees and pensioners and from 2017 for BSNL employees and pensioners.
3. The payscales for CG employees and pension revision are on the basis CDA scales recommended by CPCs. For BSNL employees it is based on IDA scales as per PRC which is higher.The CPC recommends pay scale on CDA and Pay Revision Committee on IDA scale.
4. Periodical CDA for CG employees and pensioners are granted after every six months on the basis of cost of living index. For BSNL staff and pensioners it is in every three months. From experience, we have seen that the latter is better.
5. Since pension was agreed to by the govt. at the time of formation of BSNL,
the govt was thinking of the same pay scales as in govt.as granted to FCI employees etc.when it was made a public sector. Later Door Darshan also followed suit. But all the unions and associations were emphatic that since we are a PSU, we should get PSU scales on IDA. After a bitter struggle, better wage revision was got. Another serious struggle had to be organised for getting pension on the basis of the higher wages than that of CPC
6. This method continued in next wage revision. CG employees got pay revision and pension revision on CDA scales w.e.f. 2006 and BSNL employeers and pensioners as per II PRC on IDA scales wef 2006, which was higher. Sustained struggles had to be organised for getting both wage and pension revision.
7. Further struggles were organised to get 78.2 % IDA wage and pension fixation for BSNL which was higher than that of CGE.
8. All these demands were raised and struggles organised unanimously to achieve the demands. Nobody and no unions that of employees or pensioners demanded that the wage and pension revision should be based on CDA scales on the basis of CPC from 2006 etc., because the wage / pension revision as per PRC was better and beneficial.
9. Coming to the wage revision from 2017 onwards, the workers demanded wage revision with 15% fitment as recommended by III PRC for PSUs. The AUAB demanded that affordability condition should be dropped. The management has recommended the IDA scales for executives and wage negotiation for non executives are going on.
10. Due to the struggles and notice for Indefinite strike by AUAB, the Communications Minister had discussion with AUAB on the major demands raised including wage revision and pension revision. Some are settled and the discussion on wage revision is going on.
11. As per VII CPC, the minimum wage granted for CG employee is Rs.18,000 while the scales demanded for BSNL employeee is Rs. 19590. This IDA scale is better than the CDA scale of Rs.18,000 and consequently pension also.
12. Due to the affordability clause in the III PRC, some comrades felt that there may not be wage revision in BSNL and raised a demand of pension revision be made on the basis of VII CPC. They contended that there may not be any more PRC in the future. It is true that govt. will try any mischief w.r.t to CPC or PRC. In the past also some CPCs stated that there is no need for future CPCs. The workers have thwarted this attack in the past and will do so in future also. We have belief in the workers and their struggle.
13. The government will be only too happy if the wage revision and pension revision is done in BSNL on tbe basis of CPCs. The wage will be less, the pension will be less and three monthly DA increase need not be paid. Of course, the workers will never agree to such reduction. Pension can not be reduced as per present rules, but the government may impose the CDA scale as the basis for future pension as they calculated BSNL payscales for MTNL pensioners, when they demanded full govt.pension as in the case of BSNL pensioners, instead of pro rata pension.
14. Why should a demand be raised for CDA pension as per CPC, when the existing pattern on the basis of PRC is available and has been implemented in the past? Why should anybody go back to a lower payscale or lower pension or stagnation when a serious struggle is going on by tbe AUAB for the entire workers and pensioners?
15. The demand for CDA pension on the basis of VII CPC will result in umpteen anomalies creating a lot of hardship and differences to the workers. It will also be a handle to the govt to distance the pensioners from the workers.
16. Pension contribution from BSNL is collected by the Government on the maximum of the BSNL IDA scale. Why the government should be given a chance to change it to the lower CDA scale and consequent pension?
16. In all the central PSUs where VII CPC is implemented, it is only on the basis of the CDA scales and not on IDA scales. Pension also accordingly.
17. I am sure that nobody will want to go to the government CDA payscale and pension from the present IDA scale and consequent pension.
18. Let us have confidence in the united strength of the workers’ and pensioners’ organisations to clinch a better deal for the workers and pensioners. Going back to a system which we have discarded from a better existing position will not be worthwhile. Some comrades may feel that it is impossible to achieve our demands in the present situation. I would only state that we have faced much more worse situation earlier and have come out successful. Let us continue our struggle for a better future. Many times we have made impossible in to possible.
AIBDPA, AUAB, NCCPA and other pensioners associations have been demanding for early pension revision BSNL retirees w.e.f. 01=01=2017. The last pension revision was implemented with effect from 01-01-2007 with 30% fitment as per the recommendations of the II Pension Revision Committee. The following Pension Associations and AUAB are on struggle for implementation of Pension revision w.e.f.01-01-2017. Extracts of the Charter of Demands, Memorandums, Resolutions etc. are given below:
1. Resolution adopted in the 9th All India Conference of BSNLEU, held at Mysore on 17-20 December 2018
on Pension Revision for BSNL Retirees.
“This 9th All India Conference of BSNL Employees Union held at Mysuru from 17th to 20th 2018 welcomes
the assurance given by the Honorable Minister for Communications, Sri Manoj Sinha, on 3.12.2018 in
the meeting held by him with AUAB (All Unions and Associations of BSNL), for delinking pension
revision for the BSNL pensioners from pay revision of serving employees . This Conference demands for
immediate approval for this delinking.
This Conference further demands that the pension revision be done for the BSNL Pensioners from
1.1.2017 as well as those retired after 1.1.2017, on the basis of 15% increase on basic pension plus
119.5% DA, on par with the IDA Pay Revision ordered by DPE on the basis of 3rd PRC
This Conference demands the DoT and Government of India for automatic revision of pension on the
basis the highest fitment benefit granted in IDA pay revision for executives in future also.”
2. AUAB Demnand
“Implement assurance of the Hon’ble Minister of State for Communications for delinking pension revision from pay revision. Revise pension of BSNL retirees w.e.f. 01.01.2017.”
3. NCCPA (National Co-ordinating Committee of Pensioners Association)
“Revise the Pension of BSNL absorbed retirees with 15% fitment recommended by the 3rd PRC and approved by the Government from 1.1.2017 delinking the wage revision in BSNL.”
4. AIBDPA Demand
Revise Pension of BSNL retirees w.e.f. 01-01-2017 on the basis of the recommendations of the III PRC with 15% fitment as was done with 40% fitment as per the recommendations of the II PRC in 2007. All those who have retired w.e.f. 01-01-2017 may be notionally fixed their pay with 15% fitment and pension granted accordingly.
The NCCPA and AIBDPA, AIPRPA and other Pensioners associations are organising Parliament March on this and other issues of the Central Pensioners including cancellation of PFRDA, restoration of statutory security benefit pension scheme replacing NPS etc. etc.
Make the programme a big success!
Comrades from far off circles have started their journey to New Delhi to participate in the Sanchar Bhawan March on 15-03-2019. The agitation was decided by the Kolkata AIC against the complete negative stand of DoT on pension revision with 15% fitment, delinking wage revision, as assured by the Communications Minister in the discussion had with AUAB on 03-12-2018.
All the participating comrades are requested to assemble at Eastern Court at 0930 so that we can statrt the March at 1000hrs.
LET US JOIN IN HUNDREDS AND MAKE IT A GRAND SUCCESS. FINALLY, VICTORY SHALL BE OURS..
After the Sanchar Bhawan March the entire comrades will join the Fasting Dharna of NCCPA at Jantar Mantar.
The State Election Commission (SEC) Monday warned political parties in Kerala not to use the Sabarimala temple matter as a campaign issue.
Kerala Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Teeka Ram Meena told the media here that “citing or invoking” religious propaganda on the “Sabarimala issue” would be a clear violation of the model code of conduct.
“Inviting religious feelings, using any kind of Supreme Court judgement, invoking or soliciting the votes in the name of religion or by inciting religious feelings is a clear violation of the model code of conduct,” he said.
The CEC also said the commission would not allow any kind of violation that puts a particular political party at an advantage over another.
“Citing or invoking or doing something of religious propaganda on the Sabarimala issue by invoking the name of Sabari God, etc., will be a clear violation of the model code of conduct,” Meena said.
He added that the Sabarimala issue was a controversial matter as far as Kerala was concerned and political parties “need to draw a line to what extent they have to use it”.
“Tomorrow, I am holding a meeting with political parties in this regard and I will be requesting them not to unnecessarily use this religious feeling or religious traditions to solicit votes as this may create some religious tensions among people.
If that happens, action will be taken against those responsible,” Meena said.
Kerala witnessed widespread violence by devotees and right-wing activists after the state government decided to implement the Supreme Court’s September 28, 2018 verdict allowing women of all ages into the Sabarimala temple.
The BJP has already pinned its hope on the Sabarimala issue as it believes that it was able to create a momentum among its workers.
The central leadership of the saffron party brought back former BJP state chief Kummanam Rajashekharan, who was appointed as Mizoram governor nine months ago, to lead the party in the state.
The Lok Sabha elections will begin on April 11 and continue for over a month till May 19 across seven phases, followed by counting of votes on May 23.
Kerala will go to the polls on April 23.
The Election Commission also plans to provide braille election photo identity cards to visually challenged voters across the country.
Lok Sabha elections will begin on April 11 and continue for over a month till May 19 across seven phases. The counting of votes will be held on May 23, the Election Commission announced Sunday, kick-starting a mega electoral battle. (PTI)
Corporate office has finalized the guideline for the modalities of tender procedure which can ensure the Social Security to Contract Workers including gratuity. Earlier, a committee was formed under the Chairmanship of GM (Restg.) to do the job. Today, Com. Animesh Mitra, SG, BSNLCCWF, and Com. Swapan Chakraborty, Dy. GS, BSNLEU, and Com. Prakash Sharma, AGS, BSNLEU, met Shri Manish Kumar, GM (Restg.) and discussed the subject. It is learnt that the Committee has already finalized the report and submitted it to the GM, (MM) under Director (CFA). He also stated that the committee has strongly recommended following up the Labour Lows and Social Security in the tender procedure including payment of wages to the workers through Bank Account of Cheque only. Hope, now the local administration will do the needful action in the tender documents so that the Contract Workers will get the facilities of Social Security including gratuity.
(courtesy: BSNLCCWF website)
At the time of the formation of BSNL, the government assured the workers that it will ensure all financial help to the new entity to strengthen the new entity.
This is the time to help BSNL. Honour your assurances and ensure BSNL to pass over the financial crisis.
Reports are coming from all parts of the world about the observation of the International Women’s day on 8th March. The message is going from country to country, person to person and within the home.
All our efforts to continue to ensure equal rights and opportunities to women!