The World Peace Council has decided that it will observe the coming period amongst others, the following important activities:
- 70th anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima & Nagasaki(6&9 August)
- The 10th August, international Day of the victims of “Agent Orange” in cooperation with the Vietnam Association of Victims of Agent Orange (VAVA)
- The 70th anniversary of the liberation of Korea in 1945
- The VI.Trilateral Meeting of Peace Movements of Cyprus, Turkey and Greece from September 18-20 in Larnaka
- To dedicate the 21st September this year to the affirmation of the WPC to the struggle for Peace and against NATO, its further expansion and aggressive plans.
- Strengthen the international campaign against the NATO and undertake actions to protest the military exercise “Trident Juncture” in Portugal, Spain and Italy (from end September till beginning November);
- To support the campaign for the boycott of products from the Israeli settlements in Palestine, as an act of solidarity with the just cause of the Palestinian people
- Continue to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of the Victory over Nazi-Fascism;
- Commemorate the 65th Anniversary of the WPC, value it’s role and intervention and the urgency and timeliness of the struggle for Peace;Commemorate the 65th Anniversary of the Stockholm Appeal and the timeliness of the struggle for the abolition of nuclear weapons;
Commemorate 65 years from the beginning of USA’s aggression against Korea (25 June 1950 – 27 July 1953).
- Commemorate the 70th Anniversary of the UN Charter;
- Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Helsinki’s Final Act.