Strike postponed to 1st to 3rd December 2010
In view of the Bihar Assembly elections and Kerala Local body elections, the JAC meeting held on 23-09-2010 decided to postpone the 3 days strike from 19th to 21st October to 24th to 26th November 2010. Due to unavoidable circumstances again the strike dates were postponed to 1st to 3rd December 2010.
Strike Notice issued.
The notice for the three days strike was issued on 15-10-2010 signed by Coms. V.A.N.Namboodiri, Convener, JAC, P.Abhimanyu(BSNLEU), K.Vallinayagam(FNTO), Raj Kishore (BSNL WRU), V.Subburaman(TEPU), G.L.Jogi(SNEA(I), S.S.Tomar(BSNLMS), R.K.Kohli(NFTBE), (SNATTA), P.Venugopal(AIBSNLEA), D.P.Patwa(AIBCTES) and N.D.Ram(SEWA BSNL).
The Demands :
- Refund of Rs. 18,500 crores to BSNL paid to government towards 3G and BWA spectrum charges.
- 2% IDA Merger for wage revision w.e.f. 01-01-2007
- Immediate settlement of ITS Group A absorption issue.
- No Disinvestment/IPO of BSNL
- No VRS
- Procurement of adequate mobile equipments.
- No unbundling of last mile copper cable.
- Implement government’s commitments on financial viability of BSNL given at the time of corporatization by continuing exemption from Licence Fee, and continuation of ADC, USO Fund
- Effective and expeditious implementation of implementation of programmes and projects like ERP, NGN etc. Immediate fool proof measures for smooth change over to CDR
- Government departments and PSUs should be manadated to take telecom services from BSNL/MTNL only
- Revision of Pension on IDA along with wage revision. Immediate revision of IDA pension of pre-2007 BSNL retirees.
Historic Parliament March on 15th November 2010
In preparation for the 3 Days Strike from 1st December 2010, the Joint Action Committee organized a massive March to Parliament on 15th November 2010. Thousands and thousands of BSNL employees participated in the March which started from the Bharat Sanchar Bhawan, the Corporate office of BSNL. The March was stopped at the Parliament Street by the police where a huge rally was held. Com.Basudev Acharia, M.P., inaugurated the rally. Com.V.A.N.Namboodiri, Convener, JAC spoke in detail about the demands of the workers and the anti-BSNL decisions of the Government and the necessity of making the 3 days strike from 1st December a great success. Coms. P.Abhimanyu(BSNLEU), G.L.Jogi(SNEA(I), Prahlad Rai(AIBSNLEA), C.Singh(NFTE) and other General Secretaries addressed.
Strike Notice issued
The Strike Notice for 3 days strike was issued signed by Coms. V.A.N.Namboodiri, Convener JAC, P.Abhimanyu(BSNLEU), Chandeshwar Singh (NFTE) & Chairman JAC, Suresh Kumar (BSNLMS), N.D.Ram(SEWA BSNL), S.C.Gaur(BSNLOA), G.L.Jogi (SNEA(I), Prahlad Rai (AIBSNLEA), Anil Kumar(BSNL ATM),K.Vallinayagam(FNTO), V.Subburaman(TEPU), Raj Kishore (WRU) and R.K.Ram (BTU BSNL). A Circular with details of the demands was circulated. Wall Posters were printed and distributed in large numbers. Parliament Members raised questions in the Parliament on the various issues mentioned in the strike notice. Press Releases were also issued by the JAC which were prominently published in the newspapers.
Struggle for Bonus
On the plea of loss to the company for the financial year, Bonus was denied to the BSNL workers. The JAC discussed the issue and decided to go on Hunger Strike on 15-10-2010. The same was organised effectively with good participation. A Dharna was also organised on 28-10-2010. But the issue of payment of Bonus was not settled. (To be continued)