The four Left Parties viz. CPI(M),CPI, AIFB and RSP, has decided to organise a countrywide movement against corruption demanding immediate measures to curb corruption in all spheres of public life. The demands of the Left parties are:
1. Adoption of an effective Lokpal legislation
2. National Judicial Commission to curb corruption in high judiciary
3. Stringent action against the rampant corruption fostered by the big business-politician-bureaucratic nexus which has led to scandal like 2G spectrum
4. Implementation of electoral reforms including introduction of proportional representation system to check money power in elections.
5. Steps to unearth black money and repatriation of the illegal money stashed abroad.
A massive movement will be organised on these demands from 15th to 21st July 2011 all over the country. During this period the Left parties will picket central government offices, hold demonstrations, dharnas and rallies. A demonstration outside parliament also will be organised during Parliament session.